JD for SFDC Salesforce Technical Architect
Job Title: Salesforce Technical Architect
Department: Technology and Solutions
Experience: 8-12 Years
Preferred: SFDC Expertise Only
This role serves as a trusted advisor and leader, collaborating with business stakeholders and executives to design a vision and architecture for solutions to business problems.
A. KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sr. Key Responsibilities:
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Salesforce SaaS platform technologies in the context of Banking customers and stakeholders.
- Encompass a wide range of responsibilities, including technical and solution architecture design, development, prototyping, and release management.
- Demonstrate hands-on proficiency with technologies such as Apex, Visualforce, Lightning, and Lightning Web Components.
- Drive the creation of application and technical design documents that adhere to Salesforce best practices and effectively integrate Salesforce into the enterprise infrastructure.
- Assume ownership of the architecture and design of complex Salesforce platform solution components, including design, development, integration, security, deployment, release management, and maintenance.
- Ensure that the system aligns accurately with defined business expectations, implementing proper testing procedures, and closely monitoring performance and security requirements in collaboration with project teams.
B. SUBJECT EXPERTISE:
Sr. Key Responsibilities:
- Possess experience in designing and developing software components.
- Exhibit expert-level experience in implementing end-to-end application life cycles using the Salesforce platform.
- Demonstrate an expert understanding of the out-of-the-box Salesforce product suite, including Service, Community Cloud (Experience Cloud), App Cloud, and Einstein solutions.
- Ability to lead design sessions and effectively communicate out-of-the-box and custom design options to Banking customers and stakeholders.
- Show development expertise in Apex, Visualforce, Lightning Components, Force.com, and mobile application development approaches.
- Proficiency in integrating Salesforce systems with Single Sign-on Identity Management platforms, such as OKTA.
- Proficiency in system configuration using workflows, approval processes, custom objects, validation rules, formulas, process builder, flows, and Data Loader.
- Experience with metadata migration between Salesforce.com (SFDC) Sandboxes and Production Orgs using Change Sets.
- Proficiency in development life cycle, code management strategies, advanced technical concepts, architecture, secure development practices, access management, data security, and capacity considerations.
- Experience with Release Management, Source Control, and Deployment concepts and technologies, including ANT, SFDC Metadata API, GitHub, and Azure DevOps CI/CD Pipelines.
- Ability to define the system landscape, identify gaps between current and desired end-states, and deliver a solution.
C. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT:
- Essential: BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, or related IT discipline, OR an additional ten (10) years of related professional experience can be substituted for a BS/BA degree.
- Essential: The candidate must possess at least 4-6 years of experience in an Architecture role, as well as at least 4 years of experience with Integration technologies and agile methodologies.
a. Technical Skills:
- Extensive experience integrating Salesforce systems with internal and external systems using Web-based API technologies (SOAP, REST), Mule Soft Middleware tool, and integration between Salesforce and Mule Soft itself.
b. Behavioural Skills – Competencies
- Professionalism: Conduct duties with good judgment and in good faith.
- Respect: Be sensitive and responsible for actions and words.
- Excellence: Act in a manner that earns the trust and admiration of others.
- Entrepreneurial: Be enterprising and take ownership of actions.
- Teamwork: Work collaboratively to achieve common goals and be successful together.